Prime Years Academy is ISCN’s new Islamic preschool with two large classrooms in a professional atmosphere, strong Islamic moral code, and family values. The school is dedicated to treating children as unique individuals who can achieve their best within a nurturing Islamic environment of caring adults.
We are currently recruiting for a part time pre-school lead teacher and a pre-kindergarten lead teacher.
Under the direct supervision of the program Director, a Lead Preschool Teacher is expected to be professional, educated, kind, loving, and creative. Lead Teachers should be Muslim role models, instill a love of learning in their students, and focuses on helping each individual child learn at his or her own pace. Lead teachers should be reliable and independent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs of the children in the program
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Establish policies and procedures including acceptable disciplinary policies
- Provide weekly and monthly schedules of activities
- Keep a “portfolio” of each child’s progress, including photographs and samples of their work
- Help students learn personal responsibility and respect for fellow students.
- Establish consistent communication with parents and children.
- Supervise, train, and utilize aides’ and volunteers’ skills and abilities
- Be familiar with emergency procedures
- Perform additional program duties as assigned by the Director according to program needs
- Attend the Early Childhood Orientation and set-up week prior to the start of the school and the clean-up week following the last day of the school
- Attend all required staff meetings
- Attend workshops, conferences, and any in-service training sponsored by the program or other educational organizations as approve and instructed by the program director
Must meet the following:
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education
- A Teacher’s Permit, or higher, issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- 2+ years of early childhood education experience
- 1+ years of experience working with assigned age group (desirable).
Other skills and requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, through oral and written skills, (Bilingual preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to young children, parents, and colleagues
- Proof of TB clearance and a health report
- Proof of fingerprint clearance with the California Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of investigation and a Child Abuse Index clearance
- A currant CPR and First Aid certification
- Compensation commensurate depending on qualifications and experience
To apply, please e-mail your (1) cover letter, (1) resume, and (3) references to
Rola Al-Omar, Director
Prime Years Academy,
September 3, 2012, or until filled.